Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Nothing new to report

Hi friends,
Not much new going on. We are in the  beginning of our 4th week of language school. Ian's class has  made some changes so he is doing great and it looks like I will be joining them next week once Barbara (the sweet nanny) starts coming to be with the girls. I am really struggling with my study time and I am so grateful to have her be here so I can get some real study time in. Ian is doing great and really does a fine job communicating when necessary. I, on the other hand, seem to freeze up when I need to say something. I know all of the words, they just fall out of my brain when I need to use them. I am also hoping that having Barbara here will be helpful to me and my speaking. Just having someone here that I can try to talk to everyday. She speaks English but I would much rather her speak spanish to the girls and to me as much as possible. We will see...
anyway, not to much else going on. The weather is getting better. Still a little colder than I would like. We did reach 77 on Sunday but that was only for a few hours and it seems like since then it has gotten colder again. So we remain in the 60's for the most part. This southern girl is dying! I would at least like to see 80's. Anyway, we are doing well- I may be getting into my first little bit of culture shock, but I think I am keeping things in perspective and that will help get through it. Thanks again for your support.
Love you all,
KB

1 comment:

  1. Great picture of the girls. I know everyone tells you this, but they really look like triplets. Hope everyone is doing well!!

    ReplyDelete