Thursday, April 30, 2009

Eat, sleep, drink....Spanish

Just an update about our language learning. We are doing exactly as the title implies! Our only job right now is to learn the language. We get up in the morning and Ian goes to class then when he gets home we change duties and I go for my lesson. When I get home it is time to get dinner ready and then it is girls in the shower, in the bed and we hit the books. I think we are doing pretty well. Ian has had a difficult time in his class- not with the learning, but how slowly the class moves. He is in with 2 Koreans and a girl from Finland. Ian has some Spanish already and so he is ready to move on after being reminded of some things and the rest of the class is not. My teacher moves at my pace, so as I understand things she moves forward. It is frustrating for Ian because I learn more in 2 hours a day than he does in a few days. He still knows more from previous exposure but is so ready to move on to new things. 
It has been super rainy this week, but the sun is supposed to be out this weekend. The temps are still in the high 50's to low 60's BUT we may be getting as high as 68 on Friday and Saturday. We are hoping to get to spend some time at the beach with the girls playing in the sand. Other than that not too much to report.
Thanks for your continued support- oh, and feel free to comment so we know you've been by!
With joy,
KB

PS-  I drove ALL BY MYSELF last night! Yeah for me:)

7 comments:

  1. Ian and Katie! We are praying for you here in Georgia...I'm glad the language learning is going well. The girls look like little Europeans already!

    Love,
    The Gerens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We miss you guys bunches too! I'm loving reading your blogs...you are so good...cooking from scratch and doing crafts already...I'm nowhere near doing that! By the way...Ashlie's email is chadandash@sbcglobal.net...I'm sure she'd love to hear from you! We need to talk on Skype sometime soon...I know my kids would LOVE it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your blogs and I'm so glad things are going well for you. Praying for impact! Please add me to your newsletter list. Lynjuls@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. feel like your back in college huh? that schedule sounds pretty similar to mine, minus the kids part. hope it was a good weekend. i had no idea i could comment on these things till you said so, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, guys! Glad to see that you have made it and are settling in. Hang in there with the language! We have learned to celebrate the small successes (because the frustrating ones come way to often!). I had the same problem with my first lang class moving too slow, but the end result is that I was able to use every thing I reviewed/learned there really well. Hope if the pace doesn't change, at least you'll be able to use the info backwards and forwards....Thanks for you frequent updates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Katie! Good for you...driving and all!! Barry is driving but I am not yet. We start our language in about a week, I hear it is pretty intense for the first three months. Hang in there, we are praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha...that was Justine, not Barry.

    ReplyDelete